I feel like I blinked and October disappeared! Halloween is right around the corner! It is one of those holidays that is notorious for candy and sweets. For me it is important to show Eliana how healthy food can be just as fun, and delicious! So I made these simple and healthy Frozen Yogurt Ghosts and Eliana loved them! Since I made a bunch of yogurt ghosts we've been enjoying them all week long! :)
To make these frozen yogurt ghosts all you need is 2 ingredients:
Your favorite vanilla yogurt
We used Stonyfield French Vanilla Yogurt and Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips (which are peanut and tree nut FREE) ** if you use dairy free yogurt and Enjoy Life chocolate chips this snack will be completely dairy FREE as well!**
|Step 4: With your yogurt draw outlines of ghosts and fill them in.|
How to Make Frozen Yogurt Ghosts:
1. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Take a few heaping spoonfuls of yogurt, put into a ziploc bag and squeeze into the corner.
3. Use scissors or a knife and cut the corner of the bag.
4. With your yogurt draw outlines of ghosts and fill them in.
5. Place yogurt ghosts in the freezer until hard.
6. While your ghosts are freezing take your chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave.
7. When your yogurt ghosts are ready peel them off the parchment paper and decorate with melted chocolate and ENJOY!
That's it! These Frozen Yogurt Ghosts are creative, fun, simple, AND healthy! You can eat them frozen like chips or you can serve with chocolate pudding (or make some chocolate yogurt by adding cocoa powder to vanilla yogurt) if desired.
I sent Eliana to school with a frozen yogurt ghost today too:
This ghostly lunch was perfect for today -- it is such a dark and rainy day. I packed blackberries, ghost veggie chips, two frozen yogurt ghosts (stacked on top of each other) in chocolate yogurt, and popcorn in her PlanetBox. She loved it!
Some other Healthy Halloween Snack Ideas (click on link below picture for more details):
What healthy Halloween snacks will you be making?
For more Halloween fun food ideas click HERE.